2ndQuadrant is proud to announce the release of version 1.5.1 of Barman, Backup and Recovery Manager for PostgreSQL.
This minor release introduces support for ‘per-server’ concurrency of maintenance operations through the ‘cron’ command. Internally, Barman is now able to spawn a new sub-process for WAL archive operations on a specific server. For this purpose, the ‘archive-wal’ command has been added to the command interface.
Minor bugs have also been fixed.
For a complete list of changes, see the “Release Notes” section below.
- Add support for the ‘archive-wal’ command which performs WAL maintenance operations on a given server
- Add support for “per-server” concurrency of the ‘cron’ command
- Improved management of xlog.db errors
- Add support for mixed compression types in WAL files (SF.net#61)
- Bug fixes:
- Avoid retention policy checks during the recovery
- Avoid ‘wal_level’ check on PostgreSQL version < 9.0 (#3)
- Fix backup size calculation (#5)