5 May 2015: 2ndQuadrant is proud to announce the release of version 1.4.1 of Barman, Backup and Recovery Manager for PostgreSQL.
This minor release fixes a few outstanding bugs and does not introduce any new features.
For a complete list of changes, see the “Release Notes” section below.
- Website: http://www.pgbarman.org/
- Download: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pgbarman/files/
- Documentation: http://www.pgbarman.org/documentation/
- Man page, section 1: http://docs.pgbarman.org/barman.1.html
- Man page, section 5: http://docs.pgbarman.org/barman.5.html
- Support: http://www.pgbarman.org/support/
- pgespresso extension: https://github.com/2ndquadrant-it/pgespresso
- Fix for WAL archival stop working if first backup is EMPTY (Closes: #64)
- Fix exception during error handling in Barman recovery (Closes: #65)
- After a backup, limit cron activity to WAL archiving only (Closes: #62)
- Improved robustness and error reporting of the
backup deletecommand (Closes: #63)
- Fix computation of WAL production ratio as reported in the
- Improved management of xlogb file, which is now correctly fsynced when updated. Also, the
rebuild-xlogdbcommand now operates on a temporary new file, which overwrites the main one when finished.
- Add unit tests for dateutil module compatibility
- Modified Barman version following PEP 440 rules and added support of tests in Python 3.4
- Release Notes: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pgbarman/files/1.4.1/
- Sources: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pgbarman/files/1.4.1/barman-1.4.1.tar.gz/download
- RPMs for RHEL/CentOS 5: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pgbarman/files/1.4.1/barman-1.4.1-1.rhel5.noarch.rpm/download (dependencies: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pgbarman/files/rhel5-deps/)
- RPMs for RHEL/CentOS 6: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pgbarman/files/1.4.1/barman-1.4.1-1.rhel6.noarch.rpm/download (dependencies: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pgbarman/files/rhel6-deps/)
- PyPI: http://pypi.python.org/pypi/barman/1.4.1
- pgespresso on PostgreSQL Extension framework (PGXN): http://pgxn.org/dist/pgespresso/
- pgespresso RPM/Debian packages: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pgbarman/files/pgespresso/
- Online documentation: http://www.pgbarman.org/documentation
- PDF documentation: https://sourceforge.net/projects/pgbarman/files/1.4.1/barman-tutorial.en.pdf/download
Barman (Backup and Recovery Manager) is an open source administration tool for disaster recovery of PostgreSQL servers written in Python. It allows your organisation to perform remote backups of multiple servers in business critical environments and help DBAs during the recovery phase. Barman’s most requested features include backup catalogues, incremental backup, retention policies, remote backup and recovery, archiving and compression of WAL files and backups.
Barman is distributed under GNU GPL 3.